I am a word shaper, story maker, digital creator. I enjoy working creatively with words and technology to communicate ideas and stories.
Here's a little more about me:
- I am available for freelance editorial work, including development editing, copy editing and proofreading. I also offer web design services, with experience in responsive web design, WordPress theme development, as well as consultancy on SEO and digital marketing. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
- I am an experienced editor with strong digital skills. I have worked for Scripture Union in the publishing team as Product Developer (effectively commissioning and development editor), working on books and resources for children and adults, and as Digital Content Manager. I’ve previously worked Hodder and Stoughton as Assistant Digital Editor, and Orantec as SEO & Online Marketing Consultant.
- I studied English Literature and History at Cardiff University, and did an MA focused on children's literature and medievalism, which allowed me to study many books I love, including medieval romance, Arthurian legend, and C S Lewis, Tolkien and T H White’s fantasy novels.
- I write fiction and have had several short stories published, including for Doctor Who Short Trips. I write articles for various sites and publications, which have included Threads and Hodderscape, The Glass journal of the Christian Literary Studies Group, the Western Mail newspaper, in addition to my own blog.
- I am a Christian – that is, I follow Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, trusting in his death for forgiveness. I try to live in his way of love, justice and grace by the power of the Holy Spirit, and to delight in knowing God as our heavenly Father. I am a member of New City Church Milton Keynes.
- I created and then ran Impossible Podcasts for five years, a podcast and blog about Doctor Who and other science fiction and fantasy.